Sunday, December 2, 2012

FINISHED!

It's over! National Novel Writing Month has officially moved on to Christmas month which means we can all move on from our respective writing projects to buying presents and eating lots and lots of sugar!

So here's what I did: In terms of attaining my goal of spending at least one hour a day researching or editing there was only one day where I did neither and there was one day where I only spent half an hour researching. On the other hand, there were other days where I spent more than an hour (sometimes two hours) doing either research and/or editing. So, all in all, I definitely spent more than 30 hours working on my 2 projects and, personally, I consider that to be pretty good.



I also attained my goal of finishing the one book I was using for research and moving on to a new book. The new book is borrowed from the library so I am continuing my pledge to do at least a little research every day until I have to return it. At that point I will return it to the library and forget about it until the holidays are over.

Speaking of which, one of the things I will never understand about National Novel Writing Month is why it takes place in a month that also includes a major holiday. In the past I have been known to spend all week baking for Thanksgiving. This year, I had to get up at 6am in order to get my editing/research done and all of my baking (somehow I got put in charge of all the pies for my family. Still not sure how that happened). So trying to write a novel and get all that baking done would never happen. I would probably have to pull an all-nighter and that will never happen because sleep is actually a #1 priority for me!

How did you guys do? Are you as glad as I am that it's all over?

No comments:

Post a Comment